My Top Ten favorite Online Scrapbooking Classes and Tutorials are:
1. Debbie Hodge's Get It Scrapped: This is a free scrapbooking idea blog that is highly organized so you can find exactly what you you want to learn. I'm lucky enough to be on the creative team there right now!
2. Debbie Hodge's Masterful Scrapbook Design: Amazing ebooks, video tutorials, podcasts and interactions with the teachers on scrapbooking topics that both digital and paper scrapbookers will love. Plus lots of your favorite scrapbookers are teachers there: Celeste Smith, Lisa Dickinson, Paula Gilarde, Emily Pitts, Noell Hyman, Pattie Knox, Debbie Hodge, Tami Taylor, Amy Kingsford, Kim Watson, Leah Farquharson, Corrie Jones, Anna Aspnes, Amanda Jones, Dina Wakely, Lynnette Panacho, Summer Fullerton, Tiffany Tillman, Jana Morton, Audrey Neal, Kelly Purkey, Erin Bassett, Peppermint Granberg, Doris Sander, Michelle Clement, Wilna Furstenberg, Aly Dosdall, Vivian Masket, ... and there are actually dozens more!
3. Stacy Julian's Big Picture Classes: The original online scrapbook schoolhouse with so many of my favorite people from the old Simple Scrapbooks including Stacy Julian, Cathy Zielske, Ali Edwards, Angie Lucas, Wendy Smedley, ... and actually there are dozens more here too!
4. Noell Hyman's Paperclipping Roundtable Podcast: I love this podcast! I listen while I'm on the stepper, while I'm driving, and/or when I'm scrapbooking; when I'm scrapbooking it gives me the feeling of being at a crop without having to leave the house or share my scrap table space! Plus all of your favorite scrapbookers are talking about scrapbooking there - and its free! ... and there are dozens and dozens of guests so chances are your favorite scrapbookers are there.
5. Noell Hyman's Paperclipping Tutorials Membership: This is a paid for membership that runs 6 months at a time so it is a perfect way to jump start or re-start your scrapbooking mojo; the videos are professionally produced by Noell's "cameraman" who doubles as her husband. I love the videos because I can watch them on my iphone and Noell has a different and unique perspective so you can learn new ways to look at the same old things.
6. The Digi Show Podcast: This was a spin off of the Paperclipping Roundtable and while I'm not a digi-scrapbooker, I listen and look forward to it every week anyway. They often talk about general scrapbooking concepts and ideas; and when they talk very techie digi, I just listen and hope that someday it will sink in and I'll "get" how to or want to digi scrap.
7. Two Peas in a Bucket Classes and Events: This is a store but they offer so much in the way of free scrapbooking eductation that it should be on your radar. You can watch videos and take old and new classes, many of which are free. This year they have daily scrapbooking how-to videos that I am just loving - especially: The Adventures of Glitter Girl and Seeing Double (with Lisa Dickinson in particular).
8. Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog: This is more of a challenge blog than an online scrapbooking class site but they have so much in the way of learning links and every month they encourage readers to create their own scrapbook kit with stuff from their scrapbook stash. It is a fun place to find new ideas and participate.
9. You Tube: You can find lots of scrapbooking tutorials for free on You Tube; word to the wise: You get what you pay for, but there are some amazing videos there too - especially those done by Shimelle Laine who also offers free and paid-for high quality and jam packed with content scrapbooking classes at her blog.
10. My Craft Channel offers free "shows" from scrapbookers like Heidi Swapp, Stacy Julian, Teresa Collins, and Amy Coon. They videos are about 10 minutes each and they are delightful.
Those are just some of my favorites, there are probably hundreds of places to get online scrapbooking classes - yessiree, we have an active and vibrant subculture and we're proud! Here are 10 more links to sites that I recommend but don't currently use:
1. Jessica Sprague: Online classes and products for digital scrapbookers
2. Renee Pearson: Another source for online classes for digital scrapbooking and photography. And Renee is delightful in her "in person" classes, I took one in 2007 and loved it.
3. Lain Ehmann: True Scrap & Layout A Day "Load Challenge": If you've never tried scrapbooking everyday for one month, do it! It will speed up the way you scrap!
4. Donna Downey: She started at Simple Scrapbooks and has gone very artsy - lots of fun painting and art journal type classes here - I think they are on line and in North Carolina.
5. Creative Passion Classes: Online classes to fuel your passion for creativity.
6. Lynda.com: Learn how to use software programs and things on the internet and photography tips and a lot of tech information.
7. Ustream: You can find a wealth of free scrapbooking videos on ustream - the downside is that it gives you commercials before each video - but if you find some favorite teachers and follow them, it is a great resource.
8. Ranger U: All sorts of scrapbook technique videos.
9. Creating Keepsakes: There is a ton of information about scrapbooking here, but I find it a little difficult to nagivate - but it is worth the effort, the content is good - the web aspect of it could use a little streamlining.
10. Ali Edwards: December Daily, A Week In the Life, One Little World, and many more scrapbooking concepts and ideas with a mix of free and paid for classes.
Have fun scrapbooking using inspiration from online scrapbooking classes and tutorials!